Previous Roster Includes:
6lack / ADP / Aitch / Alex Aiono / Amun / Ari Lennox / Big Tobz / blackbear /
Black Eyed Peas / Chase B / Diztortion / Earth Gang / Future / H.E.R. /
iLL BLU / Jacob Banks / J.I.D. / Kid Ink / Loski / Mike Will Made It /
Ozuna / Playboi Carti / Ramz / Rae Sremmurd / SAFE /
Stefflon Don / Travis Scott / Wretch 32
Aitch ‘AitcH2O’ //
Aitch signed to Since ’93 after his ‘Straight Rhymez’ freestyle hit 1 million views in just a couple of weeks, on his own YouTube channel. He garnered attention from the likes of Virgil Abloh who called him ‘the future’, as well as the likes of Stormzy and Wiley. Aitch continued to release freestyles online, and each of them helped to grow both his following, and his online persona even more. Our job: we needed to develop Aitch into an ‘artist’, and not ‘just a good rapper’.
- ‘Taste (Make It Shake)’ debuted at #8 in the OCC (it was the 2nd highest new entry in the chart, behind Ariana Grande, and the 3rd most downloaded single)
- ‘Taste’ peaked at #2 in the Official Charts & spent a further 9 weeks in the Top 10
- It peaked at #1 on iTunes, Spotify and Apple Music
- In September 2019, Aitch had 3 singles in the OCC Top 10 – ‘Taste (Make It Shake)’ / ‘Strike A Pose’ with Young T & Bugsey / ‘Take Me Back To London’ with Ed Sheeran
- Sold out his Debut headline tour in 7 minutes, and then his 2nd tour in 45 minutes
- He has the ‘most liked’ GRM Daily, Daily Duppy ever
- Aitch’s Instagram went from 8k followers, to over 1 million in just 12 months
- The EP finished at #3 in the Official Album chart
- ‘Buss Down’ featuring ZieZie peaked at #8 in the Official Charts
- Aitch was trending all week on YouTube on launch week – ‘Taste’ Pseudo video hit #3 on trending / ‘Taste’ Official hit #2 on trending / EP announcement freestyle hit #9 on trending
To announce his long awaited EP, and in true Aitch fashion, he released a 60-second freestyle, filmed specifically for Instagram. The freestyle was filmed vertically, with Aitch looking straight down the camera lens – which gave it a user-gen feel. The visual was filmed in the same style as the EP cover – on a blue background, with Aitch’s headshot. The freestyle ended with water being thrown over his head. We also created a horizontal version of the freestyle for YouTube, and delivered the audio to all DSPs. The video trended on YouTube, and went viral on Instagram.
EP Launch Events
To warm up for the launch of his EP release, we had a pre-release listening event at the YouTube Space. We turned the space into the EP artwork by making the floor and walls blue, and we had a giant Aitch head on stage. Rebecca Judd hosted the playback which was attended by key industry contacts, and fellow artists including NSG. The event was also attended by the likes of Grime Gran and the Singing Dentist. We also set up a Photo Booth where attendees could feature on their own personalised AitcH20 EP cover, capturing their reactions with water being thrown at them. The event was a fully immersive experience for guests to be in and amongst the EP, as an exclusive preview.
As well as the YouTube event, we also took a group of influencers and media personalities out to Ayia Napa for an AitcH20 pool party. The pool party was part of the Cyprus Break Festival. The trip was a 3-day experience where the guests had a full itinerary of activity including dinner with Aitch and VIP after parties. The pool party had a line-up curated by Aitch including Morrison, Mitch, ZieZie and Mastermind. Social content from the pool party spread far and wide across Instagram and helped to amp up the EP release, due for the following week.
D2C Merch Bundles + CRM Database
To help drive pre-orders of the physical AitcH20 EP + to help drive the CRM database, we set up a number of merch incentives. In the 2 weeks leading up to the launch, we released exclusive 48-drops for various AitcH20 merch items including bottles, t-shirts and tote bags. As well as driving a large number of pre-orders, the merch drops also helped to build Aitch’s CRM database. Aitch took the title for the fastest ever growth of a Sony UK database.
Launch Day Activity
To celebrate AitcH20 Day we sent out goody bags to key industry folk. The gifts included AitcH20 tote bags, a t-shirt and the AitcH20 water bottles.
We also had special street teams in London, Birmingham and Manchester wearing the AitcH20 merch and giving out AitcH20 water bottles.
There was also a tonne of OOH across the country including billboards, fly posters and chicken shop advertising.
Ramz ‘Barking’ //
Having amassed an impressive 5 million plus views for his video on GRM Daily, Ramz then signed the track to Polydor. Our job was to work quickly to capitalise on the growing numbers, and to be clever in answering the fans’ question of ‘Why is Barking not on DSPs?’. As the video was out before we even started working the track, we straight away had to play catch up, so we had to be clever with our marketing…
- First EVER debut single to hit the #1 Spot on Spotify
- #1 on Apple Music
- Peaked at #2 in the Official Charts – ahead of Eminem, but behind Drake
- New record for the highest charting rap single in 3 years
- 8 weeks in the OCC Top 10
- The most viewed video EVER on GRM Daily
- Certified UK Platinum single
- The #BarkingChallenge went viral online
- #RamzFor1 campaign was supported by the likes of Stormzy, Dave, Dizzee Rascal – and the local Barking MP!
- BRIT Award Nominated for Best Single
We jumped straight in with a string of pre-release teasers, to let the fans know that it’s officially coming to DSPs. Whilst prepping DSP partners for it’s launch, we began by serving ads to a wide GRM + urban audience of a screen recorded video of YouTube comments asking ‘why Barking isn’t on DSPs’. We then created an animated Ramz character and made a skit of him waiting at a train station for the ‘delayed’ train to Barking, and this followed with a train announcement skit revealing the date of release. Ramz stickers also started to pop up across train stations + tube maps.
#BarkingChallenge(in association with Nando’s)
Once the track really started to bed in at radio and move from the specialist world to commercial stations like Capital FM + Radio 1, we started the #BarkingChallenge. We did this challenge in association with Nando’s who were offering studio time to the winner of the challenge, as picked by Ramz. We created a central website which pulled in all entries that used the hashtag #BarkingChallenge. The challenge saw a flurry of entries with hundreds of videos from across the country.
Barking Station Takeover:
We worked with Barking station to create a moment which went completely viral online of the lyrics of the track, on a TFL Board. Shortly after this, we also hired a Choir to ‘pop up’ at the station and sing the track for passers by. Both moments created a huge buzz online and helped us reach not just the urban audience the track originally appealed to, but expand to more of the general public.
Travis Scott ‘Astroworld’ //
With the release of Travis Scott’s third album, the aim was simple – to get it everywhere, and make it as big as possible. Travis isn’t just one of the biggest celebs in the world, but first and foremost, he’s one of the biggest artists of our generation – this needed to be represented in the campaign for the new album.
In the absence of having Travis in market for the launch of the album, how could we amplify the incredible album aesthetic and bring everyone to Astroworld…?!
- ‘Astroworld’ became Travis Scott’s highest EVER charting album!
- ‘Sicko Mode’ ft. Drake became his highest EVER charting single!
- Album finished at #3 in the Official UK Charts – it was the #1 Artist album, with movie compilations Mammia Mia, and The Greatest Showman at #1 and #2
- The Album is Certified UK Gold
- Most streamed album in the UK week of release
- ‘Sicko Mode’ Ft. Drake finished at #9 in the Official UK Charts (+ a further 2 tracks in the Top 30)
- This was Travis’ first ever appearance amongst the OCC singles Top 50
- The single is Certified UK Platinum
Thames Boat Trip:
17ft tall gold, inflatable Travis Scott head travelled down the River Thames in London on an ‘Astroworld’ party boat full of media + influencers.
Boxpark Shoreditch Official Takeover:
The gold inflatable head made another appearance, this time for 24-hours at BoxPark Shoreditch. In the evening we quite literally turned the place into Astroworld! Fans, media and influencers joined us for non-stop Travis music, themepark style food, flash mob dance routines, and Astroworld vibes! Video round up HERE (pw: AstroWorld).
Wish You Were Here Experience:
Travis brought his epic live show to the UK for one night only to the O2 Arena, so we curated the ‘Wish You Were Here’ experience, for media + influencers. This included tickets to the show, followed by after party access in London’s Tape, where Travis came through and played an epic intimate set to round off the night.